Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 4 Aug 2003 18:23:49 -0400
From:         John Meeks <jmeeks@GASLIGHTMEDIA.COM>
Subject:      Re: Power Door Lock Problem
Comments: To: Tom Forhan <fourwdvw@YAHOO.COM>

Tom, I got a good rundown of the lock situation when mine were cycling up and down.

Tom Salicos wrote: "Each of the front doors has two connectors near the top, rear of the door panel. You can get to them by popping the panel loose and don't need to remove the other door hardware. The connector with RED is the power that allows the door lock motor to ORIGINATE the signal to CLOSE or OPEN. The other connector has two wires. One says CLOSE and the other says OPEN."

The connectors are tie-wrapped to a re-inforcing channel on the door. I think the area is about six inches in from the rear and the same distance down from the top of the door panel.

You can try cleaning these connectors as they can get wet and corroded. I've had GREAT luck with Contact Re-Nu and Lube from miller-stephenson

http://www.miller-stephenson.com/release_004.htm

This stuff would probably restore Tired AFM wiper tracks too though I've not had the opportunity to try it for that application.

John Meeks Top of Lower Michigan 91 Westfalia MultiVan