Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:40:33 -0400
From:         dr <dxrobertson@NETSCAPE.NET>
Subject:      Re: JD Power and VW

I can offer feedback on a 2003 tdi beetle. Bought it new last october. You can now get the TDI on the base beetle model, which makes a tdi a bit more affordable. I cant speak for 1998, but maybe since it was the first year of the car, and a concept car on top of that; that it had a few "bugs" to work out.

I have had no problems on my beetle. Easily gets 50 mpg. No trouble starting in a very cold past winter. The tdi has a long history and speaks for itself. You can perform all the general maintenance yourself, what little there is- oil and filter change, fuel filter drain and change, air filter... The only complaint I have is that most everything comes standard; electric windows, locks, trunk... I could do without all the electronic crap.

overall very satisfied.

david