Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 9 Aug 2003 20:42:35 -0600
From:         Eric and Marica <eric.clarke@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Fixing an Odometer in Canada???
Comments: To: Malcolm Stebbins <mwstebbins@YAHOO.COM>

In Winnipeg I had a '76 Camaro and after both changing the rear-end and rear tire size, my speedo was way off. JB Transmission on St. Mary's did the math for me and provided a bolt-on gearbox for where the speedo cable came out of the tranny. I actually broke my speedo (it only went to 120 mph, the Camaro made it to 186 mph on the perimeter highway. If you are interested it had a 396 ci with a Holley 1050 double pumper, 2" headers, and a 4 speed Muncie. VERY scary! I was 18 and immortal!)

ANYWHO JB either did the work or jobbed it out. I sent a lot of business their way because they gave a discount to students in my highschool shop class.

They are still there, John's still the owner. Here's the contact info - sorry I don't have a link for you.

J.B. Transmission 256 St. Mary's Road Winnipeg, MB. R2H 1J6 PH. 237-4917 Fax 237-1991 Contact: John Braconnier

Take care,

Eric '80 Westie 'Rusty'

I searched the arhcives and did a google search but I was only able to find http://www.speedometer.com/ (texas) for fixing Vanagon Odometers.

Does anyone know of a odometer fix-it shoppe in Canada, preferable in Central or Eastern Canada????? Thanks, Malcolm