Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Aug 2003 12:41:27 -0400
From:         Daniel Stevens <dosteven@SYR.EDU>
Subject:      VW offers deal on reinforced 16in 01-03 eurovan tires

I found this VW NEWS on a Vortex thread ( http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=948555 ) many posts in the thread that are helpful

the Offer is for only 2001 - 2003s soo I'm going to find a newer one in a parking lot and 'borrow' the VIN to order via walk-in ;-)

I know vanagons don't have 16s but some of us might.. and some of us might own a T4 as well.. save me a set.. We hope that you've enjoyed owning or leasing your 2001, 2002, or 2003 Volkswagen EuroVan thus far. We are pleased to announce an offer you can't pass up. For a limited time (while supplies last), we are giving you the ability to purchase up to three (3) sets of the authorized Michelin All-season 16-inch extra load EuroVan tires for a very special price (while supplies last). These replacement sets are now available to order from the Volkswagen parts network in the U.S. and Canada, exclusively through any authorized VW dealer parts department, at a suggested retail price of $150.00* ($240.00 CDN*) for one set of four tires. Here are some rules and details:

Rules & Details: All-season replacement set: Customers of model year 2001, 2002, and 2003 EuroVans can purchase up to three sets (1 set = four tires) of authorized Michelin All-season extra load tires, sized 225/60R 16, for a suggested retail price of $150.00*($240.00* CDN) per set of four tires, exclusively from any authorized Volkswagen dealer parts department. · These tires fit on the original equipment 16-inch EuroVan alloy wheels. · The costs of mounting and balancing the all-season tires are not included in the suggested retail price of $150.00 ($240.00 CDN) of your All-season tire set. Customers may choose between mounting and balancing their Michelin all-season tires at a VW-authorized dealer (pricing for tire changing/balancing services will vary from dealer to dealer) or at another facility suitable for changing, mounting, and balancing tires.

How to order your EuroVan All-season tire set: Contact your VW dealer and have the parts department place an order for the EuroVan All-season tire set, part number "ASTIRESET." Most likely, your local VW dealer will not have the EuroVan All-season tire set in stock, however the set(s) should arrive at the dealership through the VW parts network within several days.

To ensure that your dealer can properly order one set of Michelin all-season tires, please provide the dealer parts department with the following items: o Your Name o The model year of your EuroVan o Number of requested Michelin all-season tire sets (limit: 3 sets per customer). This offer will expire when supplies of the 16-inch Michelin All-season extra load tires has run out (supplies are limited!).

Thank you again for being a loyal Volkswagen EuroVan owner. We hope that you enjoy the option of purchasing authorized replacement tires for your EuroVan. If you have any further questions, please call 1-800 DRIVE VW. The Volkswagen EuroVan Team *Dealers set actual prices

================================================================= If you find a dealership that doesn't have a clue what you are talking about, you can ask the parts manager to contact their local executive director about the promotion. I called 1-800-DRIVEVW because both of my local dealers didn't know what the hell I was talking about and the ASTIRESET part number didn't produce squat. The VW guy on the other end was familiar about the promotion and told me to tell the parts guy to contact the executive dir. ====================================================================