Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:50:29 -0400
From:         Mark G <machfive@EXCITE.COM>
Subject:      Lighting the fridge-the E-Z way
Comments: cc: drillock@EARTHLINK.NET

Say it with me, folks, TARGET!!

Why? Well, two reasons.

1) I haven't been able to light my fridge since last year, when I took it out and cleaned it, etc. Even then, it took forever. The other day, I was reading what Mark Drillock wrote, and it finally hit me. The Dometic is almost perpetually flooded w/propane, since not enough air is getting into the chamber. (Cheap air pumps.) So after trying for a few minutes, I thought. GET THE TARGET AIR PUMP. I don't remember how much this was, but it couldn't have been more than $40 or $50 bucks. I carry this small 12V air compressor/light in the van becaus ei alwasy have to blow up tires, kids toys, etc. Anyway, I attached the small red adaptor to the high-flow air output, stuck it into the drain tube, hit the propane button, and one the FIRST CLICK, the fridge lit. You could see the flame getting brighter and brighter. It's been on for awhile, the light glowing a beautiful bright green.

2) I bought a cheap-o small indoor/outdoor digital thermometer from TARGET also. It tells the temp inside the van, and I strung the probe lead right through the door. Cheesy, but works great for telling the inside fridge temp. Has a light, too, and fits perfectly (w/included velcro tape,) just to the left of the burbet knob.

3) I do not work for TARGET, although I did in high school.

4) p-mail with any questions/comments.

5) I'll try again this weekend to light the fridge using the above-method.