Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 17 Aug 2003 09:50:04 -0400
From:         jesse and monica <jjmojo@SUSCOM.NET>
Subject:      Final Update on the Upholstry Problem...and one question

Well Everyone, I rented one of the steam cleaner vacums at the local grocery store...took off the backs of the passenger and driver seats and vacumed away...Took about 2 hours total for the first seat before the water/foam became clear. My seat finally looks good..there are still a few little spots but nothing to get upset about...I would say the seat is about 90percent better...so that is great.... I do have one more question though about my auto-trans. When you are going say 45 miles an hour and let off of the gas...should your engine go to idle or should the trans stay engaged and use the engine to slow the car? What i have found is that my engine is kinda pushing the car as i slow down making breaking somewhat hairy...i really have to stomp them to get it to stop. But if i put the car in neutral...and slow down...the breaks work way better...Does this sound the way the van should be or do i need to adjust the lever on the trans? Thanks Everyone, Jesse 89 Carat with clean interior!!!