Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Aug 2003 05:21:44 -0500
From:         Budd Premack <bpremack@MN.RR.COM>
Subject:      Parting Out 87 Wolfsburg

First offer to List Members - i am parting out a silver 87 Wolfsburg which I obtained from the perpetrator who gave up on it . It was overheated and has a badly leaking left head.

I will be attending Busses Nowhere Near the Arch over Labor Day weekend near Hannibal, MO, so PARTS CAN BE DELIVERED FOR FREE to BNNTA or transhipped from there if you can find a volunteer attendee who will carry items from BNNTA to your abode.

Engine is a GEX rebuild with only 12K on it. I have run it, observing no clanks, clunks, or other nasty sounds or vibrations. It started pretty well after sitting for a year. Automatic transmission seems to shift smoothly, although I only used 1st and reverse, since it was only driven out of the driveway and onto the transporter trailer. How about $300 for each? (Engine is net of accessories and ecu, but they are available separately.)

Body has substantial rust, but sliding door is pretty clean, as are front doors and tailgate. Pictures are available, hopefully soon.

It has the 14" OE alloy wheels, including all studs and wheel nuts. They are in very nice shape. $400 for the set of 4 wheels. (I need oneof them as a spare for my vans.) Interior is spoken for, except both jump seats (with all brackets and belts) are available for $250 for the set.

Fiberglass bumpers are fine, as are the other fiberglass lower cladding pieces. This model did not come with the full surround, so the sliding door and driver's side middle sections have no fiberglass.

It has a complete a/c system, which is functional, according to the P.O., although it needs recharging.

Power mirrors and power locks are available, but it has manual windows.

Basically, everything is for sale, so I will not list any other individual parts or prices, as it would take a website the exact size of the one at Bus Depot. My prices are much cheaper, but quantities are strickly limited. I have never attempted this before, so if I am asking too much, just make me a reasonable offer. If I am too low, you can offer more or simply take advantage of me.

After the List gets first crack, the balance will go onto eBay. Everything must go, as my loving and patient wife wants the return of her half of the garage.

Budd Premack 86 Syncro, 88 Wolfsburg Land of Sky-Blue Waters Minneapolis, MN