Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:44:37 -0700
From:         Jim Ellis <ellisjames@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: EuroVan Suggestions> Eurovan gloating!
Comments: cc: meow@SBBS.SE

s k bergin asked for EuroVan Suggestions:

I report that the family, Wife, 14 month boy, 3.5 year old girl have just returned from an extended loop around eastern Arizona. Imagine leaving Phoenix and traveling toward Globe, Safford, Morenci, Alpine, Springerville, Showlow, Globe and Phoenix.

In brief this entails many hill climbs and twisting/turning two-lane hiways.

Summary: I could NOT be any happier. Easily traveled at 80 mph in some stretches with airconditioning, windshield wipers that actually work as intended- front AND rear. The 1997 VR6 is not the highest horse power but performed magnificiently. Rear seat provides room for two kiddie seats and are secured to the satisfaction of very protective parents. I have owned VW transporters from 1954, 63, 67, 83 Aircooled and now the 1997. The exterior styling might not be as "cool" as the splittie buses and they lack that undescribable "thing" that makes the Vanagons so loveable but DARN arent the interior of the Eurovans comfortable, drivable and relaxing. I would love to have a Eurovan MV with the high horse power VR6 and a 5 speed tranny. We have the full kitchen Winnebago but yet to justify it's existence. I would recommend the MV but admit to being swayed by the extended frame of the full camper.

Final thoughts: If I could afford the camper as "Mommas baby hauler" and a beautiful Synchro Double cab with the power and reliability of the VR6 and Airconditioning for the Southern Arizona heat then I would be totally satisfied. SPOILED but satisfied. Jim Ellis Phoenix, AZ 63 EZ camper 80 POS Diesel Dasher (45 mpg and a salvage title) 97 Eurovan Winnebago