Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:57:06 +0000
From:         Joseph Fortino <fortinoj@SPEAKEASY.NET>
Subject:      Re: if not one thing its another, fuel pump
Comments: To: Doktor Tim <doktortim@ROCKISLAND.COM>

would a clogged filter be holding to much gas? what do i look for build up coming out, in the past the filter would hold alot of fuel but i never saw anything dirty drop out, my fuel lines are newish this is like the 3rd filter with this pump. hmmmm i will check the gas flow from the tank to see if any crap comes out.

has anyone ever heard the fuel pump make a slight grind while running? like a gear is slipping not a steady buzzzzzz.

thanks all your help is great. the bad part is it happend to my wife on the hwy :( she handled it well.

Joe > -----Original Message----- > From: Doktor Tim [mailto:doktortim@ROCKISLAND.COM] > Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 12:28 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Re: if not one thing its another, fuel pump > > A clogged filter or restriction from the tank will over stress a pump and > kill it fast. Verify a clean filter and free gravity flow from the tank > before installing a new pump. Also, if the tank is not vented properly, it > will build a vacuum and add stress as well. > > At 10:01 PM 08/20/2003, you wrote: > > >well seem my 2 year old fuel pump might have died, right after i get things > >running good things blows up on me. ahh life. anyway seems i crank it over > >and it does'nt start funny thing is my pump is making a buzz but then quits > >and before i could hear a little grind while it was running. > > > >any help?? I have spark, but have a strong gas smell near the pump could this > >have gone bad in such a short time? > > > >Thanks much > >Joe >