Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:30:04 -0400
From:         John Parson <bentway@IWON.COM>
Subject:      Re: Urban camping -- what it is not
Comments: To: blake@MATH.WUSTL.EDU

Well, I'm not working, so I guess I don't get your respect. I DO sometimes feel a tiny bit concerned sometimes though. Do I get any cred for that? My situation is : I sold my house, made a bunch, moved into the Westy. Live in it full time. Could afford a campground, or even a hotel room - but don't need it. Interestingly, some HOMED people admire my choice. HOMELESS people envy me, for my comfortable permanent mobile bedroom. People in trailers and motor homes generally look down on me. I can live with it. At a burn rate of about $10 a day, I can do this the rest of my life if I want to. Will I? Who knows.

--- On Wed 08/20, Blake Thornton < blake@MATH.WUSTL.EDU > wrote: From: Blake Thornton [mailto: blake@MATH.WUSTL.EDU] To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:25:26 -0500 Subject: Urban camping -- what it is not