Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Aug 2003 21:12:48 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: vanagon failed CA Smog - CA Help
Comments: To: karen davis <yosemite333@HOTMAIL.COM>

It is strange that you will pas HC during idle and then have it go up at speed. This indicates a miss fire condition. You need to check the engine compression (leak down test-valves), ignition system, and fuel distribution. A clogged or defective injector or a bad spark plug wire is the likely culprits.

Dennis