Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:31:31 +1000
From:         Ray Hunnam <hunnam@PNC.COM.AU>
Subject:      Re: Thin skinned list vendors and market transparency
Comments: To: Bret Berger <bret@STONEFLYTECH.COM>

Bret

My reading of Ron's numerous emails on this subject is first you go private to him and then if the matter is not resolved then you go to the list. I can recall any number of posts on this same topic where the customer complaining has in fact been at fault. Not saying this is the case in question here. I don't believe Ron is trying to censor anyone's complaints he is merely asking that you have a go at him first privately then you can go to the list if the problem isn't resolved. I cannot detect any pressure being applied by him on anyone.

One thing that amuses me is how customers blame Ron for dropped parcels. Has anyone thought that maybe the parcel was dropped after it left his premises. That takes it totally out of his control.

I live in Australia and have ordered parts from Bus Depot. I have always been happy with their service. It is a fact that ordered parts have to be delivered by a third person namely the delivery service. This service is out of Ron's control. Ron offers speedy delivery BUT that speedy delivery is controlled by another organisation. I realize I must be patient to wait for delivery or go to war with the Delivery Service not Ron.

If I require parts urgently then maybe I should look to source those parts from where I can go and pick them up myself i.e.. Dealer ??? I work in the Poker Machine ( Slot Machine ) Repair Industry and I could make your hair stand on end reciting some of the foul ups made by Delivery Companies transporting spare parts around Australia. I firmly believe that like companies all go through an education process designed to frustrate customers awaiting their deliveries.

Lets not read too much into this matter. First and foremost that the issue up with Ron personally then if no satisfaction has been achieved go to the list.

Ray Hunnam Penrith Australia.

Scanned by PeNiCillin http://safe-t-net.pnc.com.au/