Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Aug 2003 14:37:40 -0600
From:         Dan Haydon <DanHaydon@CORNERSTONESOFTWARE.COM>
Subject:      Re: 91 GL running hot all of the sudden
Comments: To: John Rodgers <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET>

I should have scripted this message better. Sorry for the confusion, but the act of adding the coolant by my wife was knee-jerk and only bloated the resevior; I've held steady coolant levels all summer long, although now I need to drain out the excess.

Since the low speed fan never kicked in as the needle approached the led I think it's the fan switch. I'm going to try the test Ken Wilford has outlined (How-To Test your fan setup) and hopefully the overheating is only a fan thing!.

Thanks, Dan Haydon

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Rodgers" <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, August 25, 2003 2:22 PM Subject: Re: 91 GL running hot all of the sudden