Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Aug 2003 17:04:03 -0500
From:         Bill Bowman <BussesByTheArch18@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Great BNNTA weather and event update...

Hi all,

I just got back from attending the Eureka Springs VW event down in Arkansas. I caravaned in my '87 Westfalia Camper GL with DBG member Brian and Dawn Holcomb in their awesome '63 Westy. He was "robbed" of what I (and others) believe to be a First Place award (a story to be expounded upon around the campfires at BNNTA this weekend). The event was quite interesting... They definitely need to move to a more participant-friendly event location, otherwise, it was a great event. Thanks to owner Bruce Braun, Brian, Connie (Brian's Dad) and I got to ride all over town in the event parade in his newly restored 1944 VW Schwimwagen! What a gas that was!

We're getting the last minute preparations out of the way for this weekend's "Busses Nowhere Near The Arch #19" VW camping event. If you'd like more info, go to: http://www.BNNTA.com

As an update, "the Weather Channel" is now forecasting a cold front to move in on Friday, and that the daytime high temps in the BNNTA area ought to be in the mid to high 70's throughout the Labor Day holiday weekend!!!!! We may be getting another great weather break for the third year in a row! They also mention the chance for isolated t-storms.

The Corps of Engineer rangers at the Indian Creek Recreational Area "group use" campground have again graciously offered to open the gates for early arrivals sometime mid-day on Thursday (a day early!), saving any early arrivals a campsite fee over at the main public campground. Everything is shaping up to make for another memorable VW camping weekend. Just thought you'd want to know the latest info on this weekend's VW festivities. Also, all makes and types of VW's are welcome, not just Busses!

Hope to see you soon!

Bill Bowman NEATO & LiMBO http://www.BNNTA.com