Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:53:01 -0400
From:         John Meeks <jmeeks@GASLIGHTMEDIA.COM>
Subject:      Re: 91 GL Running hot still...what next?
Comments: To: Dan Haydon <DanHaydon@CORNERSTONESOFTWARE.COM>

Dan, Stop!! Don't prise the thermo bleed cap. On your model it's really a valve that will pass air into the bleed ring that runs around the top of the engine compartment. Try parking on a steep hil or jacking up the rear. Run it up to temp, then open that valve. If air is your problem you should begin to see bubbles gurgling around in the bleed ring. Hope this helps, Regards, John Meeks Top of Lower Michigan 91 Westfalia MultiVan