Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:35:16 -0400
From:         Michael LaMuniere <michael@EXCITENETWORK.COM>
Subject:      80 Riviera Full Camper FS/For Free, NY

Hello,

I bought this camper for 5k about 5 years ago, with the intention of taking it cross country. Plans changed, and it became my daily driver. NY can be harsh on automobiles, and my work has made it hard to take the time to maintain it...

It's is running, but last week developed some engine related noise (loud, continuous), but runs and drives fine. Seam rust, and surface rust at the bottom of doors/rocker panels, and I backed it into a poll a few years ago, so there is a ding on the passenger rear side. Also side swiped a neighbors car parking (bad day), and there are some dings in the passenger side rear wheel well/fender area as a result. Color: Tan Stove - unused Fridge - Electric - great 110k miles. Had 80k when I bought it. 5 New tires (spare has had no usage) and about 20k on the 4 on it - these tires were special ordered per info I saw on www.vanagon.com when I first bought the van.

I'm selling/giving it away "as is". I'm sure it's worth restoring, or that there are parts alone worth something to the folks on the list. I'm in NY, about 20 miles north of NYC. Come see it Labor Day weekend and drive it home! I live in an apartment, have no offstreet parking, and have to move it daily to avoid tickets.

PLEASE take my friend to a better place where she will be cared for and loved! Or, please take her and put her parts to good use. I have subsequently upgraded to a sweet, 87 Westy Weekender, that is the new love of my life. Bonus: You can have the 4 14inch rims and tires off my 87-I upgraded to the 15 rim package from Go Westy.

PLEASE do not reply to the list - I don't have much time to be able to check in and look for responses - please contact me at: michael@excitenetwork.com for more information. I mean it, if you want it, it's yours for a song. I want it to go to a good home.

Michael