Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:00:17 -0500
From:         Conrad Klahn <conradk@MAC.COM>
Subject:      (The glass is) Half vs. Full Westy

Hi,

One thing us Weekender owners have to do is sell the attributes of our van's more than other Westfalia owners. I wanted a Weekender (Eurovan vs. Vanagon) primarily because of the extra space. It has come in handy - picking up a 2.1 WBX with the family inside (plenty of room left) and went camping that same night...

I moved once using my '78 Westy and several times wished I had more room for boxes, made a couple of extra trips. I don't think we ever used the kitchenette. (I didn't have time or money to fix it.)

However, the full Westy does have better resale value in my opinion. At least, I know that people who have never owned a Westy want that sink, stove, refrigerator, etc. Doesn't matter how well they work, if at all, they want it.

One "annoying" thing is to have people walk by and peer in the van only to be let down when they don't see the kitchenette - they look very disappointed.

Conrad

http://www.dualport.com/vanagon/index.html