Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 7 Sep 2003 10:35:06 -0400
From:         Stan Harrison <sharrison@ALUM.MIT.EDU>
Subject:      Re: 87  AFM Cold weather  problem
Comments: To: KG2CHIEF@AOL.COM

I have a similar problem in cold weather, but mine is much colder in northern NH. There is a known Vanagon problem with the AFM, but I haven't heard anyone relate it to cold weater. But I believe in my case a frost film is developing on the resistance material, and insulating it from the wiper. (This is what I found in a test in my freezer.) When this happens parking with it idling always cures it. Stan 87 Syncro