Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Sep 2003 21:29:03 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: 88 CV joint noise
Comments: To: Randy Newell <rattlehead_64@YAHOO.COM>

Your CV's are gone, shot, kaput!! On the outside you might just have some retainer bolts loose, but most likely the CV's have had it. relatively easy to replace, just takes some time. There are several web sites that have step by step instructions on how to do it, along with pictures. Changing them is a job every Vanagon owner should know how to do, as well as do it at least once in their life. If one is gone prol'ly the others will go shortly. Bite the bullet, replace with new, properly lubed at the outset, and they will give you many trouble free miles. The Vanagon CV's a re very simple.

Recommend Lobro CV kits, which will include 1 CV, the proper CV grease, new bolts, and new rubber boot. Cost is between $50-60 each. Our list vendors carry them.

Good luck,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver