Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:55:10 -0400
From:         Kenneth Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Coolant Leaking, ok to drive?
Comments: To: shawn luft <shawnagan@SYMPATICO.CA>

It is very hard to say "Yes" unless you can identify the source of the leak. It could just be a small and inexpensive hose or seal. Try to find the source. If it is head gaskets, again this is a crap shoot. They could seep for years or blow tomorrow if they are already leaking. Usually if you take the tin covers off of the bottom of the motor and look at the push rod area of the head you can see if the gasket looks split (immediate failure mode) or just wet. If it is just wet you may get away with some Aluma-seal as a temporary fix, but again this is at your our risk.

Hope this helps, Ken Wilford John 3:16 http://www.vanagain.com http://www.strictlyvwauctions.com Phone: (856)-327-4936 Fax: (856)-327-2242