Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Sep 2003 06:17:58 +0200
From:         Anders Lundin <newsgroups1@STOCKHOLM.BOSTREAM.SE>
Subject:      Re: '83 watercooled, failed SMOG, pulsing exhaust

Have you checked the valve guide rubber things? Oil in the cumbustion WILL raise the HC. Unburned fuel is another reson HC will rocket. So anythin related to bad combustion should be checked. 1,2 and 3 pulled don't make much difference ??? sound strange. I think they should all make a difference when pulled. Have you servised it lately? New rotor, cap, wires, plugs, airfilter and so on? Don't forget to ohm messure the ignition stuff. I got new ones bad from day one. Also when messuring the cables, make a slight 90 degree bend along the cable i case you use a carbon one. They do crack from time to time. //Andy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig Oda" <craigoda@COMMUNITYBUILDERS.INFO> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 9:02 AM Subject: '83 watercooled, failed SMOG, pulsing exhaust