Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Sep 2003 06:59:05 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: seats
Comments: To: Alex Towner <altowner@COMCAST.NET>

I don't know about the other years and models of Vanagons or Westy's, but my 85 GL and now 88 GL have very comfortable seats. When I drove down the Alaska Highway moving to the Deep South - Alabama - I made the entire journey right by myself, driving 12 hours a day. The seats gave such good support that I was able to drive that many hours per day without to much discomfort by the end of the day. I found that for myself, placing a thin pillow on the seat bottom, pushed well back so my buttocks were squarely on the pillow, helped a lot. Otherwise by the end of the day, my tailbone was sore. With that little adjustment, it was a great ride and a great journey. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver