Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Sep 2003 12:50:17 -0700
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: I smell a big scam brewing...
Comments: To: vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG

Well, the dead giveaway is his name - Diok Jimmy ? Sounds Nigerian to me..

Robert

1982 Westfalia

----Original Message Follows---- It's happening again... EVERYONE beware of these butt heads out there...

For those of you who are unaware of this scam that is happening. They will send me a big fat cheque for me to cash, then I send out the difference to their account. Some time later the cheque to me will bounce and I have to repay the bank, but the money from the cheque is all ready send out as well as the van and I would be screwed for the tune of 11.5K

Just so every one know, my response was "Sounds really good, my details are in my signature". It'll be interesting to get this phoney cheque and give it to the police!

David Marshall

Fast Forward Automotive Inc. 4356 Quesnel-Hixon Road Quesnel BC Canada V2J 6Z3

http://www.fastforward.ca mailto:sales@fastforward.ca Phone: (250) 992 7775 FAX: (250) 992 1160

- Vanagon Accessories and Engine Conversions - Vanagon, Transporter and Iltis Sales and Importation - European Lighting for most Volkswagen models

############## START OFF THE ATTACHED STRING OF EMAILS ##########

"David,

Thanks for your respond, well i am okay with your illustration and price ($3000)and will want payment to be asap, i will arrange payment by instructing my client in the states to issue to you a gauranteed bank cashiers check of $11,550 and this should take care of all expences in this transaction, what you're to do once you recieved your payment,is to cash itat any cash store,after which you're to deduct your own amount of money($3000) and any other necessary charges,then the remaining balance are meant to transfer to my international shipping agent via wetern union money transfer, once he recieves the balance will come over to your location the very next day for pick up, now the money wired to the shipper is his fees for his services, transportation to your location and back to me, also for all charges that may arise along this transaction cos i will want the (1985 Westfalia camper - no motor) to be delivered to me s afe and sound without problems, i shall forward my shipper's contact address as soon as i contact him, all i need of you now is to forward via email are, your full name and contact address as well as phone number so that i can forward it for payment to get to you ASAP,let me know if you are ok with this, so we could move onward towards sealling up this transaction on time. Best Regards, Diok.......

Marshall [Fast Forward]" <sales@fastforward.ca> wrote: Please see the attached for pictures. The $3000 Canadian Dollars is a firm price.

David Marshall

Fast Forward Automotive Inc. 4356 Quesnel-Hixon Road Quesnel BC Canada V2J 6Z3

http://www.fastforward.ca mailto:sales@fastforward.ca Phone: (250) 992 7775 FAX: (250) 992 1160

- Vanagon Accessories and Engine Conversions - Vanagon, Transporter and Iltis Sales and Importation - European Lighting for most Volkswagen models

-----Original Message----- From: Diok Jimmy [mailto:diok_c06@yahoo.com] Sent: September 12, 2003 5:20 AM To: sales@fastforward.ca Subject: 1985 Westfalia camper - no motor - 3000 CAD

Hello David Marshall,

How are you doing,my name is Mr Diok Jimmy from the Zurick switzerland.I am a sales manager of my enterprise and a dealer in kinds of old Cars/van/trucks and its accessories.I would love to purchase your(1985 Westfalia camper - no motor) please get back to me with your last offer so that payment would commence immediately.Alongside the pics.Thanks My regards, Diok...............

Robert 1982 Westfalia 1987 Wolfsburg

_________________________________________________________________ Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963