Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:10:08 -0700
From:         Tom Young <tomyoung1@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      For Sale: '78 Poptop Camper - S.F. Bay Area
Comments: To: type2@type2.com

Hi all:

A couple of weeks or so ago I posted about a '78 camper that came to rest in my driveway after a trip down from Washington. The owner of the vehicle (not me) thought she and my daughter would drive on to Illinois. But, as I backed it up some ramps in my driveway to look at "some oil leaks" it was clear to me that that this vehicle wasn't going on to Illinois. The owner allowed how it seemed to loose power just as she was exiting the freeway near my house. My guess - and it's only a guess - is that it burned a valve. Anyway, the vehicle title finally made it back to my house after wending its way from Washington, to Illinois, and back to California, so now it's officially "up for sale." I figure I'd offer it first to the lists before posting it in the various on-line classifieds.

Here's what the owner has to say about it:

"1978 poptop Camper with a lot of love to give if willing to give a lot of love in return. Interior - Superior condition, and good canvas. Exterior - a few rust spots and engine needs head work. Before engine problems, car ran great - made it through seven states without a hitch. Brakes are in excellent condition. Comes with right side heater box ready to be installed and other roadside goodies. I hate to part with this car, but I'm moving and can't take it with me. Great buy for someone willing to put in the time and/or money. $1,100 OBO."

I think she's expecting too much and, since it's in my driveway and I'm selling it for her, any serious cash offers will get my attention.

A bunch of pictures are at:

http://home.comcast.net/~tomyoung1/Camper.htm

and, of course, I can take more.

This is a "tow it away" situation, not a "drive it away" situation.

Thanks!