Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:49:23 -0700
From:         JD Foster <jidd@JIDDWARE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon abuse!
Comments: To: JordanVw@aol.com

No disagreement here, I'm sure it looks a lot better to the average buyer than it did before it was rust-oleum'd. I was commenting more to the remark in the ad which read, "I painted the vehicle with primer, so it just needs to be taken to a paint shop" to point out to any potential buyer that it is a bit more involved than just taking it to a paint shop for an el-cheapo paint job thinking half the work is done already.

About once a month or so we'd have someone come into the body shop I worked at with just this scenario where they (or more often a friend) had "already done all the body work and primer, I just need it painted." They'd be floored when the quote I'd give them was nearly double what it would be to repaint the vehicle had it not been "repaired" already.

----- Original Message ----- From: JordanVw@aol.com To: jidd@JIDDWARE.COM ; vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 9:38 AM Subject: Re: Vanagon abuse!