Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:26:34 -0700
From:         Martin Haggblom-Payne <martinhp@PIPELINE.COM>
Subject:      Sirius Radio

I don't know if Caverat has a vested interest in this company or is just an avid user. His enthusiasm is obvious. :)

I did appreciate the update that the free friends and family thing was available again--I missed out on the last opportunity as I had just joined the list when it ended. His willingness to share the info saved me $200+ on an item I was getting ready to pay full ticket for. Thanks!!!

I'm in full support of this forum remaining non-commercial. That said, there is a difference between company's that seek to market to our list and Vanagon/Westy Owners that have related interests. I have found many of the contributions from several of the business owners to be more directly self-serving than Caverat's(can't see how he was making $ off our getting free equipment) but still helpful and informative. It's obvious that they love their Vanagons as much as we do and will go out of their way to help others. As many have pointed out, that is the coolest part of this network of experts and amateurs. Quite often I have little to no interest in a particular thread and simply read on--I assume it will be relevant/helpful to others and someday I may need that content from the archives.

I found the joke to be funny but somewhat questionable for a public forum. I think that the post was meant to be a private email back to me in response to my 9/15 post that I had ordered a unit on Monday and the company was still taking orders. I'm in digest mode but still got a single email from him with his comments.??

In my book if Caverat is guilty of anything it's a little too much zeal.

Martin Haggblom-Payne Walnut Creek, Ca '84 Westy

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:28:56 -0400 From: SStones <sstones@IDIRECT.COM> Subject: Re: RE- Sirius Radio -- can someone answer a few ?'s

At 08:38 PM 9/16/03 -0400, caverat wrote: >Be sure to check out the comedy stream. Uncensored Richard Pryor, Rodney >Dangerfield, Lenny <Snip>

That's great, Caverat. The joke about eating pussy could have it pass on a Friday, but that was sent on a Tuesday. Until I hear from Tom Carrington that Tuesday has become the official advertising day for completely off topic products and services could you NOT spam us every week? Last week it was about their specials. We remember your spam from a couple months ago, you don't need to keep repeating it. It was a little bit