Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:37:40 -0700
From:         developtrust <developtrust@COX.NET>
Subject:      Scam making rounds again

Well the vanagon buying scam has finally gotten round to me. Below is a copy of the email I got today. Who falls for this stuff? Someone must do so as this email scam has hit our list many times.

My reply to him "You will have to get your refund first and then issue a new check. Then I will wait 30 days while my bank verifies that your check is genuine. I will not refund any difference the way you describe. Or you can send funds to my paypal account using my email address that you now have as my paypal ID. If this is acceptable contact me again. If not NO Sale."

William

My customer is ok with the vehicle and has agreed to settle for your price. I have also just finalized payment issues with him some hours ago,and he has informed me that he is expecting a refund payment of a tractor that he had earlier ordered and paid for about a month ago,but the order was later cancelled, because when the agent went to pick up the tractor, he inspected the order and discovered that the tractor was not in any good condition, so the order was cancelled, and then he filed in for a refund of his money. My customer now intends to use this his refund to pay for this vehicle that he now wants to buy from you. Due to company policy and book keeping, this refund payment which he is expecting, can only be made out in this one whole amount, that is the full amount which he paid before,because the company policy only allows a refund payment in one cashier check, so he has to instruct for the check payment to be drawn to you. So he has informed me that payment will get to you in acashier check. He is expecting a refund payment of $27,000. 00 whichwill be made out to you in that whole amount,So when payment gets to you, you are required to deduct the cost of yourvehicle and assist him in returning his remaining balance back to him via westernunion money transfer to be able to offset shipping charges,tax and other commissioncharges. After all payment has reached you and balance sentback to my customer, the agent will come for pick up, while thepaper work,the receipt and other title papers will be signed by the agent during the pick up.So You are required to forward your payment information :(1)name,(2)address and (3) phone number for payment to be made to you immediately. Thanks, (Management)