Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:51:05 -0700
From:         David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>
Subject:      Re: What year is it really?
Comments: To: Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>, AudibleA@AOL.COM

Karl, The Syncro was available in Europe starting in 1985 with the first Syncro registered by VW in 11/84!

The 1986 (11/85) Camper that I purchased in Europe had a 1.9L motor in it and the round fuses. The 1986 (08/86) camper that I have now has a 2.1L motor in it with DigiJet injection (not Digifant) and square fuses.

The 07/85 Single Cab (2WD) that I have has a 2.1L Digifant, square fuses.

Sounds like Andy is running a European model with the DigiJet injection system.

David Marshall

Fast Forward Automotive Inc. 4356 Quesnel-Hixon Road Quesnel BC Canada V2J 6Z3

http://www.fastforward.ca mailto:sales@fastforward.ca Phone: (250) 992 7775 FAX: (250) 992 1160

- Vanagon Accessories and Engine Conversions - Vanagon, Transporter and Iltis Sales and Importation - European Lighting for most Volkswagen models

Due to the large volume of email we receive, PLEASE include previous emails when responding. This will allow us to read the complete dialogue in one message and will result in quicker and more accurate responses.

Andy,

The Syncro was not available till MY '86, and did not come with a 1.9l engine. Perhaps you are trying to install the sensor in the wrong place or in the wrong way or . . .

The T2 Sensor should be located on the thermostat housing against the firewall on the driver's side. If not there, someone has pulled a switcheroo on your engine/coolant system. You need to describe what you have.

Karl Wolz