Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:13:30 -0400
From:         80 Westy Pokey <pokey@VANAGON.ORG>
Subject:      Re: AC systems
Comments: To: robertmstewart <robertmstewart@MAC.COM>

Yes the BEHR front AC system should fit an newer vanagon, I

have one up front in my 86 syncro. Now all you have to do is

find one for sale.

Alternatively http://www.europeancoolerair.com/ has done

some work for Larry Chase, though I have no experience with

them.

Thanks, Chris

---- Original message ---- >Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:11:00 -0400 >From: robertmstewart <robertmstewart@MAC.COM> >Subject: Re: AC systems

>To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > >> Is it possible to put a front ac unit in an 86-91

vanagon? I have an 89 carat >> and wish I could just get the a/c up to the front without

having the center >> shaft. I wanted to put an extra large sunroof in the

center rear area but >> donšt want to give up the ac. >>

Time, >> olists@thebrands.org writes: >> Baking Powder? >>

>> Did you say the front AC units are found in air cooled

Vanagons? I have >> prowled the archives quite a bit and never learned that.

What about the >> older bay window or Kombi vans? Do you know if they also

had a front AC >> system? >> I don't know what kind of animal or vegetable Powder is.

Otherwise, I'd bake >> it too. >>

>> As for archive-ee stuff, I can tell you that yours truly

has mentioned the >> aircooled connection before. The bay AC's are totally

different. The ones I've >> seen all had underdash blowers similar to ones used on

914's. Although I have >> seen later bay Westies with rear facing front AC's. >>