Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:23:31 -0700
From:         Doktor Tim <doktortim@ROCKISLAND.COM>
Subject:      Re: Loud lifter problem
Comments: To: Felder <felder@knology.net>

At 10:50 AM 09/19/2003, you wrote:

>Thanks so much for this info. I drove the van for about 20 minutes last >night, restarted engine when got home, the noise never quit. Went out and >started it this morning, and the engine ran quiet as normal. > >I will take your advice on the oil filter and oil. > >Where can I find a good guide to match oil to conditions?

The owner's manual for your vehicle has the oil charts for your motor. It is repeated in the Bentley.

>Do you know a good source for these filters?

Any of the list providers have them (BusDepot, Ken Wilfey, Bus Boys and others), as well as any VW Dealer. Any Euro FLAPS will have them. (Beck-Arnley) If you are on the west coast or near Pennsylvania, try 818-678-1200. That's Interamerican Motor Corporation (IMC). They carry all the Euro parts and supplies. Ask them if there is a shop they sell to in your area and you can order the right filters and hoses and clamps and parts to fix it and use it right. So far as I know, IMC sells only to independent auto service shops, from California to Alaska and through the Rockies, and one warehouse in Pennsylvania.

Get a copy of European Car, on middling big magazine racks. Lots of sellers of the Euro Brands to key on in the ads. Mahle, Continental, Bosch, Hella, Pierburgh, Ernst, Kneckt, Mann, Boge, Bilstein, FAG, SKG, Glyco, Kolbenschmidt, Liqui-Moly, Pentosin, Alfred Teves aka ATE, Balo, Pagid, ........ These are the manufacturers who make original parts for all the Euro motor industry. As specified, you can't get better than that without a better team of engineers at hand.