Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:16:02 -0700
From:         Tom Young <tomyoung1@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: CA SMOG, Fred's Garage, and valves
Comments: To: Craig Oda <craigoda@COMMUNITYBUILDERS.INFO>

Regarding your last few sentences: "I generally don't harbor any bad feelings about the Fred's Garage experience. It's a little frustrating and I wish they had taken a better look at the van on Friday before I picked it up." My reaction - maybe the wrong one, but my reaction none the less - is "Bull Shit." It sounds like they backed the adjustment screw out as far as it would go - so far it probably fell out and you'll find it down on the engine tin one of these days - and maybe, just MAYBE, stuck a miss-adjusted exhaust gas analyzer up the tail pipe. Ten minutes of work for $85; sweet! --------------------------------------------------------------- Tom Young '81 Vanagon Lafayette, CA 94549 '82 Westfalia --------------------------------------------------------------- ----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig Oda" <craigoda@COMMUNITYBUILDERS.INFO> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 4:15 PM Subject: CA SMOG, Fred's Garage, and valves