Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 20 Sep 2003 14:25:24 -0400
From:         80 Westy Pokey <pokey@VANAGON.ORG>
Subject:      Re: 15" Audi Wheels
Comments: To: George Thorburn <thorgk@ACCESSCOMM.CA>

I bought 215/65-15 Michelin Agilis 51 for my SA Rheins, and I like them a lot. I bought them on special order from Canadian Tire. When last I heard the smaller 205/65-15 can be found at www.tirerack.com

Thanks, Chris

---- Original message ---- >Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 09:50:27 -0600 >From: George Thorburn <thorgk@ACCESSCOMM.CA> >Subject: 15" Audi Wheels >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > >Conrad, > >205/65xR15 WR Nokian tires are available in "c" rating. I am using 1/2" aluminum spacers with no problem. The 2 small bolts in the brake drum have to be left off. What size are your LTX tires? What style are your Audi rims? (are they the 16 spoke model with the ET45 offset? part number 437601025D) I'm sure they will work, but I also know that a "told you so" from a significant other can do a lot to limit creativity. > >George, > >'85 Westfalia > > > > > >>>I found out the hard way that my '85 has a clearance problem on the >>>control arms with the rims + LTX M/S tires. I tried 8mm spacers, but >>>will need at least another 10mm to clear the control arms. The tire >>>guru who helped me research Load Range "C" compatibility, says that LTX >>>is about the only tire that meets the sidewall integrity requirement. >>>He was unaware of another one that would unless it is a commercial tire. > >>>Also, I found out that even without spacers, I need longer lug bolts in >>>the back. There are also "positioning" bolts in the drums that prevent >>>the wheels from mounting flat. Again, if you have a Syncro you should >>>be OK.