Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Sep 2003 18:55:09 -0400
From:         Greg Marshall <earthboy@ROGERS.COM>
Subject:      Re: oil pressure relief valve leak?
Comments: To: Jason Willenbrock <pooncerelli@HOTMAIL.COM>

Another common leak that you should ckeck is the distributor drive O-ring. I had oil on that same big screw and after replacing damn near every seal and gasket in the vicinity, I discovered the oil was actually coming from way up top beneath the distributor. This is an extremely easy and cheap fix, and an awful lot of vanagons leak oil there. Take off the distributor cap, then loosen the distributor and pull it out. You should see a black O ring on the drive shaft. If the ring is hard and flat, replace it.

Greg. 82 westy.