Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:32:03 -0500
From:         Wesley Alden Pegden <wes@CS.UCHICAGO.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Color Code
Comments: To: Jordie Walter <Jordie@T-ONLINE.DE>

Jordie, I imagine someone on the list might be able to tell you your code right off the bat, but in case that doesn't work out, I just did some painting on my van and had the same problem---I was doing the wheel wells and the front.

I went to a auto paint store in Chicago (if you're from around here I can give you the name) who had a book of paint chips going back far enough for my '84. Most auto paint places should, but i'd call first. We just found my match from the page of colors used for '84 vw vans. They matched me up two pints of paint (I have the blue/grey two tone) for something like $20 and sold me this super nifty aerosal spray can things that I could put the paint in to apply it.

Good luck with your painting, and finding the code.

Wes