Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:48:42 -0500
From:         Dart 330 <dart330@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      clutch problems

Last year I was having some problems with my clutch not disengaging and some chatter. My van was at 100k so I replaced the master and slave cylindar and it worked fine, still some chatter now and then.

Starting last week I noticed the clutch didn't want to disengage again. I will push in the clutch and it feels like the clutch is sticking to the flywheel if i hit the brakes, you can watch the tach and feel when the clutch finally disengages, it feels very bad for the van (vibrates). Then half the time I come to a stop and I can not get it into any gear without pumping the clutch several times and nearly forcing it into gear. I took it by the local shop to make sure it was bled right and the mechanic said it felt fine but we bled it some just to make sure and there was no air. It still acts the same.

Is this a sign my clutch is on its way out? I could drive my 74 without the clutch, but the vanagon shifter seems like it would break alot easier (less play). I don't want to get stuck out in the middle of Kansas next weekend with a worn out clutch and no way to get home. Comments and suggestions?

Thanks, Nathan 85 Westy

_________________________________________________________________ Instant message with integrated webcam using MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com