Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Sep 2003 05:40:02 -0500
From:         ccc1 <cc1@EMAIL.CZ>
Subject:      Re: WANTED: winter tires / Summer Must Be Over
Comments: To: THX0001@AOL.COM

"In my experience, the taller the tire, the better it performs in snow and over the inevitable pot hole ridden roads of spring. So, I never use tires with an aspect ratio in their stated size."

Huh? A tire with an aspect ratio specified in its stated size can be taller, shorter, or (roughly) the same as a tire without the aspect ratio listed. For example, a 205/75/14 tire is slightly taller than a 185R14, while a 195/75/14 is very slightly shorter. I believe the 185R14 is actually an 82 aspect ratio. It's just an older and different way of stating dimensions.

Cary

----- Original Message ----- From: George Goff <THX0001@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com> Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 5:13 AM Subject: Re: WANTED: winter tires / Summer Must Be Over