Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:30:08 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Sliding door skin unglued
Comments: To: Doktor Tim <doktortim@ROCKISLAND.COM>

What you are describing sounds like the new poly-urea products being used in the auto industry. The new bumpers and fenders are made of the stuff. Extremely tough, heat resistant, tear resistant, virtually-everything-resistant!!! Extremely adhesive. Extrordianrily difficult to remove after being installed. or applied to a surface.

It has also found it's way into the truck bedliner business, being far tougher than polyurethanes, and not susceptible to moisture problems duing installation, in the way poly urethanes are.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 Gl Driver