Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:45:29 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: RoadHaus - New" Bus of the Week" Pictures
Comments: To: Larry Chase <roadguy@ROADHAUS.COM>

Hey Larry Chase!!!!

Where are you currently on your Alaska Road Trip??

Just looking at the pictures of Seward, AK. Got awfully homesick..

There was a large and very famous oil painting that hung there in Seward in a hotel/bar for years and years and years. It's image was on the businesses business cards. It was a painting of an Alaska woods scene, and a Black Bear with cubs surprising a trapper hankypanking with a native girl behind a log .... breeches down, longhandles showing, bare bottoms, etc, etc. yet no "Parts" exposed. Tastefully done, yet expressing Alaska's more "Raw and Wild" years. I think the painting was last at the Van Gilder Hotel there in Seward, but I can't remember for sure, it's been so long ago since I saw it.

Anyway .... just wondered if you got a chance to see it.

Hope you are enjoying yourself. Love hearing about the "Far North!!"

Regards,