Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 28 Sep 2003 23:57:15 -0400
From:         robertmstewart <robertmstewart@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Vanagon Sightings - New York

Hi All,

Just got back from a trip from NYC to the Phonecia & Saugerties, while in Saugerties at the Garlic Festival I noticed a nice white late model Westy leaving the parking lot, was that anyonešs ride?

Also on drive back on 87 South coming into the city off the Tappan Zee bridge there was a nice gold colored GL, looked like a mid 80šs model. I waved at him to take notice of 89 Blue Carat, and he replied back with a high beam flash along the night time ride. As a gesture of friendly Vanagon owner I paid for his bridge toll as he was riding behind me on the way to the toll entrance. He was a bit surprised that I paid for his $4 toll, my girlfriend and I rode off and never saw him again. He was surprised that some stranger would do this and was confused when the toll attendant told him to drive on...

On side note, I must have seen 4 Euro van's this past weekend.

Lastly on a bad note, my girlfriend turned on the defrost unit on the main console, went to turn it off and the switch pushed back into the console! How hard is to fix this? I assume the entire console needs to come off? How hard is this to do?

Almost forgot, I made something that some might be interested in. I made a magnetic strip with silver night glow tape (the type they use on highway signs), works great for being seen on the highway and on the small back roads of the country. I have a large strip that goes across the rear hatch and a small 2ft wide strip one on the front hood so I can been by both oncoming traffic and rear traffic. I think I might start manufacturing these items if anyone is interested.

Hope everyone had great weekend!

Regards to all,

Robert 89 Blue Auto Carat