Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 Oct 2003 14:17:31 -0400
From:         "T.M." <tinkerman007@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: # warning buzzer for turn signal and parking lights left on
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:04:24 -0400, David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET> wrote:

>Use terminal doublers (forget the proper name) -- single female to double >male Fast-On spade connector.

That's what I meant when I said "y connector".

>That will work in the old fuse box anyway.

I've got an 1990 vanagon. Is it "old" or "new" fusebox?

>On the new one you may have to use the little kluge connectors >that plug in alongside the fuse (and probably stretch the socket).

Doesn't sound too good...

>Or scrutinize Bentley for spare connections, there are actually quite a >lot of them; you might get lucky.

I was hoping to get lucky when I posted on the list...:-) I tried looking in the Bentley but didn't see an obvious connection point. I was hoping some had BTDT (been there, done that)...

>Definitely two diodes, one for each side. Or two buzzers with included >diodes. That saves you the trouble of protecting the diodes as they're >nicely housed inside the little gray box.

Isn't there some switch or connector that both parking light wires come to? That could be a better connection point than at the fusebox. The most obvious would be at the lights themselves, but something at the light switch or hazzard switch would save the need to pull wires.

Anyway, thanks fr the tips...