Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Oct 2003 07:57:40 -0700
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: fan switch or sensor, a busdepot question
Comments: To: gary hradek <hradek@YAHOO.COM>

Gary is right, cooling just the radiator does have an almost instantaneous effect on the cooling system pressure. I had a pressure gauge and pump on a Vanagon cooling system a few weeks ago trying to find a leak. With the engine hot and running at a fast idle the pressure in the system would drop by several PSI in a few seconds each time the fan started and then slowly climb back up after the fan shut down.

I put the lowest temp switch I could find in one of my Syncros this summer but took it out when the fan started running way too much on warm days.

Mark