Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Oct 2003 20:41:04 -0500
From:         James Fritz <jfritz@ALPINECOM.NET>
Subject:      Re: Bulley website/pages and a crazy idea
Comments: To: Daniel Stevens <dosteven@SYR.EDU>

Dan, I got the lower links to open. I remember reading Bulley's post on this when he first did it (I miss the guy, wished he was still on the list....very entertaining and a fount of good info). Anyway, I was reading about the "Q-Pads" that he used to insulate his van for sound. That stuff is danged pricey. Recently I had to put a new roof on my house and we used some "Ice and Water Guard" that was basically a rubber/asphalt compound that had an incredibly sticky backing to it. Came in 30" roll by probably 50' for $50 (round numbers). Do you suppose this stuff would work? Seems like its basically the same stuff and would accomplish the same thing: that being stop all the resonance of the metal sheets but a heck of a lot cheaper. A single roll would do two vans!

Is this crazy or does the list think that it might work? Jim in Iowa 89 Westy GL 91 Passat Wagon GL 66 Beetle