Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Oct 2003 10:08:02 -0500
From:         Andrew Gies <andrew_gies@CANGENE.COM>
Subject:      Re: winterizing

Thanks for the info Daniel, I have searched the archives, and found little info on storing the van for the winter, put plenty on winter tires - sorta ironic 'eh?

Anyhow, I just drove my Westy to its winter home (Kenora, North Western Ontario). Next weekend I intend on doing the final preps for a cold, snowy Kenora winter. The only stuff that I have had previous experience with seasonal storage are lawnmowers and snowblowers - so bear with me, and pass along any comments/concerns my way!

This is what I plan on doing: - removing the battery - changing the oil/filter - removing the sparkplugs, oiling up the cylinders, turning over the engine, and replacing the spark plugs - putting the van on jack-stands to alleviate the pressure on the tires - mouse proofing - cleaning top to bottom and wax/polish exterior. - buying one of those large, cheap blue tarps to cover the van through the winter - any other tips?

On an unrelated note, I am also going to try and remove the interior of the van to look for hidden rust, and prep for some springtime rust/sound proofing.

What is the estimated time required to remove the interior (behind the front sides anyway) of a Westy? Is this a weekend or a day job? I have a Bentley, but no previous experience doing this.

Andrew

******************************************************************* CONFIDENTIAL - This e-mail transmission and any documents attached to it may contain information that is confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering this transmission to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original transmission, attachments, and destroy any hard copies.