Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 Oct 2003 07:55:52 -0400
From:         "Johnson, Dean G" <Dean.G.Johnson@USA.XEROX.COM>
Subject:      Re: Trip Report - Westies @ Watkins

> -----Original Message----- > From: Andrew Silliker [mailto:silliker@CYNICAL.NET] > Well, another trip in the book. Kudos to Joel and family for a well > organized event.

A couple more thoughts on the event...

I was thinking the camp site was full of Westies but few Westie drivers: We were getting up at 6:00 and had the place almost to ourselves for hours. The mulled-wine-theory explains much. :-)

I had one mechanical issue on track day. They had just let us in the gate and we were taking our pit stops awaiting the start flag when it happened. I heard this whirring/rubbing noise. I leapt out of my seat in search of the trouble. Turned out to be my 'fridge fan. I had started it on propane at the camp site to keep my milk cold. So I didn't get to see if the 'fridge would

stay lit through the S curves. I did hear pans rattle and tires squeal.

My son (eight) says we need another VW, he loved the two microbuses. Both my kids want me to drive the Super Beetle next year though. We'll see.

Dean '90 Westy GL '71 Super Beetle (1.9L, Dual 44IDF)