Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 Oct 2003 16:10:37 -0000
From:         Pedro dos Santos <pedrokrusher@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Vanagon high roof manufacturer in California!

There is a manufacturer that still has the mold of a bubble high roof for a vanagon! In California! Not Germany, not england but on the north american continent.

This is the only manufacturer that I have found in 3 years looking for a high roof, besides adventurwagen that does not produces them anymore. And the best thing is that he sells them at 600$US each!

My luck... I just did a pop-top transplant this last winter (jan 2003) because I gave up on the high roof idea. And NOW this comes up! Damn! Well, after a summer of using the pop-top, I still want the high roof, so I am looking forward into this one.

So here is 2 messages copie/paste. One sent to me and one sent to the adventurwagen group. The picture is saved in the adventurwagen photo files. It's a roof on the ground, not on a vanagon. The closest that i could find on the internet looks like the one in red and white at this link:

http://home.earthlink.net/~shrike3/vwpage.html

Anyway, I am passing on the info. I should have posted this before but got some problems with my pc and I have difficulty connecting with my yahoo e-mail. If any questions you can ask M. Rico at fiberine.com.

If you want to e-mail me, write at my work address here: pedro.dos.santos@mrci.gouv.qc.ca

Pedro dos Santos 91 vanagon GL + carat int + pop-top transplant 85 ddcab project Montreal, Quebec, Canada

---------------------Original message--------------------- Mr. Pedro dos Santos,

Good news for you!!!!! I was able to find a picture of a 24" bubble top for your VW! im including it as an attachment. The roof at its highest point is18-20 inches on the sides from rain gutter. Once your inside the van you have 24" in the middle of the van. We only manufacture the roofs in a standard primer gelcoat, they are ready for installation on your can and to be taken into a body shop to get color matched to your VW.

The price for the roof is $600.00 U.S. funds in a standard grey primer color.

Crating is $150.00 U.S. or Packaging for only $50.00 U.S. but with packaging we are not responsible for any scratches or damages that might occur from transportation.

Trim kit: $45.00 includes your choice of Black or White Vynel Trim and aluminum trip to screw the top upon the van.

Freight Charges would go dirrectly to you. Average to Canada is aboout $400- $450.00, This is a quote from business to business, they might charge you a little more the roof gets dropped off in a resedential area. We can get a more close shipping cost with your exact address.

Hope this helps you out in what your looking for, If you have any questions, Im here to help you in anything you might need.

Thank you, Fiberine Div of G.V.M.R. Inc. Gonzalo Rico II V-P

http://www.fiberine.com

--- In Adventurewagen@yahoogroups.com, "fiberine" <fiberine@y...> wrote: I will try to come more often incase there are some questions on my roofs. But if anyone has questions PLEASE feel free to email us at Fiberine@a...

a FULL Fiberglass Interior Liner is $250.00 in a white or grey gelcoat. Insulation is only offered when a Fiberglass Liner is ordered for $95.00

With a Fiberglass Liner you have a smooth interior finish. No more rough fiberglass will be exposed. But if you plan to put a custom cloth, vynel, leather, interior, the roofs don't use a Fiberglass Liner since that material is glued in.

Again, if anyone has ANY questions i'll gladly help you in any way I can.

Thanks, Gonzalo Rico II