Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:10:40 -0400
From:         Accounts Payable <satcong@VOL.COM>
Subject:      DEAD '85 VANAGON for FREE!!!

<HTML><HEAD> <META content="text/html; charset=windows-1251" http-equiv=Content-Type> <META content="MSHTML 5.00.2614.3500" name=GENERATOR></HEAD> <BODY> <P><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2> <DIV>Name here is Bob Alexander...used to be on the site a lot until I remarried.&nbsp; I am located in Soddy Daisy, TN, about 20 miles North of Chattanooga, TN.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>On 29 Sep '03, my beloved&nbsp;Vanagon, locally know as da "RHINO" gave up da ghost&nbsp;just North of Adel, GA on I-75 (300 miles from HERE!)&nbsp; I was on my way to see three of my five daughters in Tampa, FL (240 miles South of Adel).&nbsp; Funny fluctuation of da Temp gage, light blinking, losing power...shut engine off and coasted to a stop.&nbsp; Beaucoup steam...unload 250# of daughters' crap...open lid......</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Whatever da plastic manifold is toward the firewall that the coolant hoses are coupled by had the upper left plastic "spout" break off.....enough spout was inside that hose, I disconnect the corresponding hose and tried to couple them.&nbsp; Happened to have a supply of water in me trusty beer cooler and cranked her back up and started adding water....eveything sounded pretty good until I revved her a bit and and exhaust gasses decided to dump water on me and da headliner....yup, gud old fashioned Vanagon blown head gasket, BUT she wasn't blowing smoke and was running smooth as normal!</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Had her towed to Adel, GA, Exit #39 and checked on having her hauled home...$600.&nbsp; Figured Dirty Harry, just South of me, would probably charge me another $1200 to redo da engine and it was needed another tranny (3rd gear grinding soon as it heats up), I annoited me beloved and gave her last rites...........</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Like throughout most of my life, I usually end up giving my old cars away to someone AND due to the fact the wrecking yard operator wouldn't even take her off my hands for the towing bill ($45) "What da HELL ya think I'm gonna do with THAT thing???", DA RHINO is sitting in strange GA surroundings, waiting for a fate more horrible than DEATH!!!&nbsp; Rather than think that she has been hauled off for scrap metal.........SOMEBODY PLEASE CONTACT ME AND GO GET HER!!!</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Bob</DIV> <DIV><A href="mailto:satcong@vol.com">satcong@vol.com</A></DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT> <P></P></BODY></HTML>