Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:08:08 +0000
From:         MICHAEL POPE <raskayamon@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Dependable Westy

Hey now,

Just thought I would trow a little positivity out there and hopefully not curse myself. Well, we bought Rosebud(89 Westy) in May, had a head problem that was difficult for the PO and a couple of mechanics to figure out- long story short we replaced the heads with brand new ones. (no more coolant overflows or overheating). So that was 1st week in June, now middle of Oct and almost 10,000 miles later! Only problem was tranny went out in July(kind of a big deal) but we have put almost 8 of the 10000 on since the tranny blew.. I drive Rosebud every day! I have to go over Sam's gap to get to work(3500') twice a day Only other issues have been torn cv boot and rotted coolant hose(must have been one the PO forgot about cause he replaced almost all of them before he gave up[ and sold me the Bus. She needs general maintenance(what vehicle doesn't) but she is also being driven more than she has been in almost 10 years. I will still use her as a DD even during the winter- will drive the AWD Subaru when it is really nasty, but am getting some Nokians next month so that will help with winter driving.. All the Best to everyone out there..

Aiko Aiko all day

Michael 89 Westy 'Rosebud' (In honor of Jerry's last giutar)

_________________________________________________________________ See when your friends are online with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com