Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Oct 2003 08:15:19 -0600
From:         JOHN WESTENBERG <mjjwest02@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon sightings

Here in Missoula, Montana I see vanagons, eurovans, and older busses every day. In fact I usually see about 5 a day just on my regular errands. My neighbor's eurovan is parked in front of their house, there is a vanagon and a bus on my son's route to school, there is a syncro for sale parked in front of the church a block away, there was one in front of the hostel but it moved, there are usually 1 or 2 in the Good Food Store parking lot... Now that I am looking, they are everywhere!

Barbara 89 syncro

just thought I would add my two cents to your observations. We did quite a bit of traveling this summer and I paid a lot of attention to how many Vanagons we saw on our trips.

On our first trip to the East coast, we did not see one Vanagon (or Eurovan, for that matter) during our 1 week and 1,000+ miles (rental car)or so back there. We covered Washington, DC, Massachusetts, Maryland, New York, etc., etc. It really surprised me not to see even one back there. Here, in California, we see them all over the place every day.

When we traveled up to British Columbia (and a cruise in Alaska), via California, Oregon and Washington, we saw the most Vanagons (and Eurovans - especially in Washington) in Washington and Alaska. I think we saw even more up there than we see in California. I was really surprised by how many Eurovans there were in Washington - they seem to sell more than any state that we've noticed.

Bob & Sharon Mendonca 88 Vanagon GL 85 Vanagon GL