Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Oct 2003 20:48:26 -0300
From:         hosel <hosel@QUIK.COM>
Subject:      general info input

Hi V guys and gals,

I'm new to the list. I joined to check out details on Vanagons as I just bought a 1990 GL. A single owner who meticulously kept all the records and handled every little issue that came up owned this van. I've summarized the service records for your collective review.

I'm beginning to see why I've heard that the Vangons are a high maintenance van. From my experience I believe the Germans like to over engineer. I haven't even driven the van as yet, but for my need I'm sure it'll be fine, even if a bit slow. And there always is the TDI conversion possibility in the future dream to consider?

Hosel

90' Vanagaon GL 87' 300TDT MB 93' 190E, 2.3 MB 5-speed stick

1990 VANAGON - 139,457

138,200 miles Replace water pump

136,540 Misc A/C sws, fan resister

136,540 New battery

134,641 Rebuild auto transmission

131,529 Convert to 134A

117,847 Repack CV joints

112,000 Alignment - 4 wheel

106,000 Temp Sensor replaced

105,327 R/R Cylinder Heads and reseal - new brake shoes - new wheel cylinders

102,673 New water pump (1st)

91,556 Rebuild complete A/C system

83,333 New tires

76,276 New brake disks