Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Oct 2003 20:20:57 -0700
From:         gary hradek <hradek@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: radiator fan relay
Comments: To: TJ Hannink <tjhannink@yahoo.com>
Comments: cc: Rubatoguy@mindspring.com

Todd and Tim, that is the one relay I did not pull. I will try that next. big relay and hard to reach. New one is much shorter. thanks for your agreement gary -- Todd Last <Rubatoguy@mindspring.com> wrote:

--------------------------------- I think on my '88 when you turn the A/C on it automagically turns thefan on HIGH speed. If I recall, the relay is ABOVE the fuse box.

Todd Todd

gary hradek wrote:

I have an 87 vanagon with ac. I was thinking therewas a relay that turns on the low and high speed onthe radiator fan. Having just replaced thetemperature sensor switch I was going to replace therelay. For some reason I thought that the relay waslocated in the fuse box??? When I look there andpull the relays one at a time the fan stays on?There is an open slot for the new relay for busdepotbut the fan comes on and off without that slot filled.So is there a relay somewhere else? The wires lookbig enough at the sensor switch to suggest that thereis no need for a relay. Perhaps the relay is justfor the medium ac speed? Can someone clarify this. thanks gary__________________________________Do you Yahoo!?The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product searchhttp://shopping.yahoo.com

--- TJ Hannink <tjhannink@yahoo.com> wrote: > If memory serves, the low and medium speeds do not > use > a relay, the high speed does, the relay is located > in > front of the fuse block, you need to drop it to > obtain > access. To kill the fan on the lower speeds, pull > fuse > F1 > > Tim > --- gary hradek <hradek@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > > I have an 87 vanagon with ac. I was thinking > there > > was a relay that turns on the low and high speed > on > > the radiator fan. Having just replaced the > > temperature sensor switch I was going to replace > the > > relay. For some reason I thought that the relay > > was > > located in the fuse box??? When I look there and > > pull the relays one at a time the fan stays on? > > There is an open slot for the new relay for > busdepot > > but the fan comes on and off without that slot > > filled. > > So is there a relay somewhere else? The wires > look > > big enough at the sensor switch to suggest that > > there > > is no need for a relay. Perhaps the relay is > just > > for the medium ac speed? Can someone clarify > this. > > thanks gary > > > > __________________________________ > > Do you Yahoo!? > > The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product > > search > > http://shopping.yahoo.com > > > __________________________________ > Do you Yahoo!? > Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site > design software > http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com